Another way to recycle something is to re-use it as something else, also known as up-cycling. Here are some ideas to get you going:
- Turn old clothes in to wash cloths and dusters
- Use pallet wood for kindling
- Use jars and pots for storing screws, buttons, paperclips etc.
- Turn wine crates into bookshelves
- Make a table out of scaffold boards
- Use old saucers and plates as plant pot bases
- Turn unwanted bowls and cups into planters
- Make pallet wood furniture
- Use old glass bottles for vases
- Use old tyres to make a potato planter
- Make a solar furnace out of old tin cans
- T-shirt shopping bag
- Pillow Case Clothes Protector
- Pallet Coffee Table
- T-Shirt Cat Tent
- Plastic Bottle Cactci
Get in touch with your own upcycling ideas to add to our inspirational reader recommendation list – if you have a tip, simply leave a comment below!
- In the sixties I used to use tooth paste tube tops for small knobs just screw through to what ever you want a small knob for.