By mattwalker69 CC BY-SA 2.0
en-form is a registered charity dedicated to helping make a difference one bit at a time. Whether you are trying to commit to recycling your plastic to reduce your carbon impact, or you want to know about making your home more energy efficient to reduce your fuel bills – we are here to help!
Our Aim: To encourage public involvement in safeguarding and improving the environment.
Our Objective: To contribute towards the establishment of a healthy and sustainable environment in which all communities can thrive.
We aim to fulfill the following functions:
- Provide comprehensive information on a wide range of environmental issues.
- Assist individuals and organisations to make better informed decisions on how they can help improve and sustain our environment.
- Act as a focal point for all local environmental groups.
- Help all the local groups to achieve their environmental projects by building partnerships with like minded groups, helping with funding advice and providing more general advice.
- Inform & educate the local population on environmental matters by offering a link between schools and other local groups and environmental education services
- Inspire other groups to start and achieve a range of environmental projects, acting as a catalyst and partner.
If you think we can help you or your organization…Get in touch!
Together we can make a difference
History of en-form:
2022 March 1st Love Your Period Project started
2021 Feb Set up the Colchester e-cargo bike delivery service Community Group
2020 Dec Food Co-op moves out of en-form Premises
2019 Sept 25th en-form Facebook Group renamed Eco Colchester
2019 August 4th Hosted Peoples Assembly in the Park
2019 April Operation and Management of Colchester Farmers Market transferred to Suffolk Market Events
2018 Nov Became Terracyle (Recycling) collection point
2018 Oct 1st en-form Facebook Group created
2018 Sept Clean Air Heroes – Cycling Project launched
2018 June Wivenhoe Farmers Market transferred to local Community volunteers.
2016 May RePaint Scheme in Colchester closed.
2016 Jan Colchester Food Co-op operates from en-form premises
2014 Sept Abberton Rights of Way Project starts for 12 months
2012 April ECORRN closed and functions transferred to en-form.
2006 May RePaint scheme expanded to accept paint from local businesses (www.repaintessex.org.uk/)
2006 May Give or take website launched
2006 Apr Wivenhoe Farmers’ Market launched
2005 Oct Harbour Ward Energy Project Report
2005 Apr Centre Manager post lapsed
2005 Apr RePaint Scheme officially launched (www.repaintessex.org.uk/)
2005 Feb Second issue of NE Essex Local Food Directory published
2004 Dec RePaint (www.repaintessex.org.uk/) Scheme funding received
2004 Oct Harbour Ward Energy Project started
2004 Feb First issue of NE Essex Local Food Directory published
2003 Jul Colchester Farmers’ Market re-opened at Colchester Arts Centre
2003 Jun Funding obtained for Local Food Project
2002 Feb Centre Manager appointed
2001 Mar Centre opened
2000 Nov 7th Charity Status attained
2000 Jun Premises at 15 Church Walk occupied
1999 Nov en-form registered as a Limited Company
1998 Colchester Borough Council agree to make funds available to set up Environment Centre
1998 Idea of Environment Centre first discussed with Colchester Borough Council